Data and Advertising News Roundup (an Occasional Series)
August 01, 2013
- YieldMetrics’ Gabe Gottlieb has estimated that 23% of the advertising run online by the top 1,000 advertisers is using RTB.
- Big Data was instrumental in creating Netflix’s newest hit, “Orange is the New Black.”
- A Q1 2013 survey from CMO Council and SAS found that the greatest percentage of marketers worldwide—52%—said data helped them identify new business opportunities.
- According to a study released by Pargo, 58% of adult smartphone users and 1/3 of all US adult shoppers now regularly “showroom.”
- The Publicis/Omnicom megamerger may mean improved Big Data capabilities.
- Marketers are unsure how to accurately measure ROI amid increasing channels and streams of data, a new survey from Tagman and Marketing Finder has revealed.